The Winning Oral Argument (half-day)
The perfect companion to The Winning Brief, this seminar concentrates on the nuts-and-bolts of oral advocacy.
The seminar emphasizes the techniques used by first-rate judicial writers. Participants learn:
- How to prepare yourself for effective public speaking.
- How to prepare your argument before you get into court.
- How to present your case once you’re in court.
- Why questioning from judges gives you your best opportunity for persuading the court.
- How to use rebuttal time most effectively.
The textbook draws on “enduring principles” of advocacy from Aristotle’s Rhetoric to contemporary courtroom giants. It relies extensively on Garner’s one-on-one interviews with some of the finest judicial minds of our generation about what does and does not work for the advocates who come before them.
LawProse Policy on In-House CLE Credit
Under state-bar rules, the hosting group is the proper applicant for CLE accreditation. We will supply you with the necessary attachments CLE applications require.