Advanced Legal Writing & Editing
Our most popular seminar focuses on analytical and persuasive writing, with most examples coming from actual memos and briefs. The day concentrates on the five major skills that good legal writers must develop to:
- Frame issues that get the judge’s attention and state the case in 90 seconds.
- Achieve a lean style that makes their prose stand out from most legal writing.
- Smooth the transitions between sentences and paragraphs.
- Quote authority most effectively.
- Get their projects down on paper most efficiently.
To practice what they’re learning, participants work on several short but challenging exercises throughout the day.
LawProse Policy on In-House CLE Credit
Under state-bar rules, the hosting group is the proper applicant for CLE accreditation. We will supply you with the necessary attachments CLE applications require.