The Winning Oral Argument
The perfect companion to The Winning Brief, this seminar concentrates on the nuts-and-bolts of oral advocacy.
The seminar emphasizes the techniques used by first-rate judicial writers. Participants learn:
- How to prepare yourself for effective public speaking
- How to prepare your argument before you get into court
- How to present your case once you’re in court
- Why questioning from judges gives you your best opportunity for persuading the court
- How to use rebuttal time most effectively
The textbook draws on “enduring principles” of advocacy from Aristotle’s Rhetoric to contemporary courtroom giants. It relies extensively on Garner’s one-on-one interviews with some of the finest judicial minds of our generation about what does and does not work for the advocates who come before them.
LawProse Policy on CLE Credit
LawProse applies for accreditation in those states where we conduct live public LawProse seminars. Where state bars require it, we submit attendees’ names as they are listed on the sign-in sheet on the day of the seminar. If you are seeking CLE credit for a state other than where that seminar is being held, please apply directly to the appropriate state bar.