Advanced Legal Writing & Editing
Our most popular seminar focuses on analytical and persuasive writing, with most examples coming from actual memos and briefs. The day concentrates on the five major skills that good legal writers must develop to:
- Frame issues that get the judge’s attention and state the case in 90 seconds
- Achieve a lean style that makes their prose stand out from most legal writing
- Smooth the transitions between sentences and paragraphs
- Quote authority most effectively
- Get their projects down on paper most efficiently
To practice what they’re learning, participants work on several short but challenging exercises throughout the day.
LawProse Policy on CLE Credit
LawProse applies for accreditation in those states where we conduct live public LawProse seminars. Where state bars require it, we submit attendees’ names as they are listed on the sign-in sheet on the day of the seminar. If you are seeking CLE credit for a state other than where that seminar is being held, please apply directly to the appropriate state bar.