Advanced Legal Drafting
Our seminar on drafting contracts and other legal instruments will help even the most experienced transactional lawyers improve their contracts and other legal instruments — both stylistically and substantively. Highlights of the course include:
- How to avoid the most commonly litigated ambiguities
- How to structure complex provisions to make them more readable
- Why it’s important to edit inherited forms, even “recommended” ones
- When to use shall, must, and will — words that often bring grief to the parties
- How to revise a contract efficiently with our proven step-by-step method
Although the main focus is on various types of contracts — such as commercial leases, loan documents, and license agreements — we can, depending on your needs, shift the focus to other areas, such as legislative drafting or securities disclosure documents.
LawProse Policy on CLE Credit
LawProse applies for accreditation in those states where we conduct live public LawProse seminars. Where state bars require it, we submit attendees’ names as they are listed on the sign-in sheet on the day of the seminar. If you are seeking CLE credit for a state other than where that seminar is being held, please apply directly to the appropriate state bar.